Thursday, September 19, 2013

BlogTember Day 13





Thursday, September 19: Creative writing day: write a (very short) fictional story that starts with this sentence: "To say I was dreading the dinner party would be the understatement of the century."

 To say I was dreading the dinner party would be the understatement of the century. I AM COMPLETELY DREADING said dinner party. My job plans an annual dinner party every year for the opportunity for the upper management to rub elbows with the lower class employees.  This year is my team member Lonya's first time going to this dinner party, so of course she begged me to come along. NO amount of objections from me could change her mind of trying to get me to out of the house for one night.

 As I'm putting on my lotion and getting ready to head out the door, I receive a text from Lonya who is expressing her GLEE for tonight and this dinner party. All I can think of is how my life was DRASTICALLY different 6 months ago. 6 months ago my life was great or at least I thought it was. I was happy....a happy I could never have imagined that I could have with anyone in this life. There was a man...who was EVERYTHING to me. A man, that I thought would rescue me, and be my knight in shining armor. He in turn was the evil villain who ripped my heart out of my chest and stomped on it. He is the reason that I'm not enthused about this dinner party. You see, this man who I thought was my knight, in all actuality is the current vice president of  my company. You see my ex will be there with his NEW WIFE who is currently pregnant with their first child. Did I mention that the new wife is my former best friend?


No comments:

Post a Comment